|This talk page is for discussing Szerkesztő:Margotbean.|
Question about syntax 01
I feel a bit confused about the naming of the items in the infoboxes.
- The day before yesterday you corrected my edit in Coffee Bean from "name = Coffee Bean" to "eng = Coffee Bean". It is a simple Infobox. I thought it is general. So I corrected the infoboxes of every item I edited.
- Today you corrected my edit in Triple Shot Expresso from "eng = Triple Shot Expresso2 to "name = Tripla eszpresszó". It is an infobox cooking. So it differs from the above.
Is there a rule to differentiate between infoboxes regarding naming? What you suggest me to follow? Where to use "eng" with english name and where to use "name" with the hungarian.
I hope you can help me in the topic.
Thank you for your reply.
- Oh boy... I know it's confusing, and all infobox templates should be the same. Unfortunately they're not. Sablon:Infobox and Sablon:Infobox fish require "eng" to work properly. Sablon:Infobox cooking requires "name" because it is transcluded onto other pages. I think (without checking them all) that most others will accept "name" and "image" --or-- "eng" without problems. Sablon:Infobox cooking is the odd one.
- You can check the documentation on the English page, there is a link on every Template page, and that may help. The documentation should tell you which to use. If you find an error in the documentation, I can update it! :)
- I hope this helps... margotbean (vita) 2022. július 7., 14:13 (UTC)
Question about syntax 02
I started to translate the page Travelling Cart. The cart itself offers plenty of items from which many are automatically translated. The other half are not done so. These are mainly the furnitures. The situation is the same on the Furnitures page. Or if I edit a page of a specific furniture, e.g.: Country Lamp in English it shows the image, but in hungarian no. Vidéki lámpa With this I have to edit (translate) at least in three places the same information for all of the furnitures. I know I can do it by adding |alt=Vidéki lámpa|. But three times...
Can this be solved somehow? Can I do it somehow? For Recipes there is a working solution with |RecipeRow.
- Sablon:Name needs to be updated to v1.5. If all furniture is added to Sablon:Name, then that will solve the problem for the Traveling Cart and the Furniture pages. For individual pages like "Vidéki lámpa", you have to add "image" to the infobox, there's no way to make it easier.
- Do you have access to the game's data files? If not, there are instructions about how to 'unpack' them here (in English): https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Editing_XNB_files#Unpack_game_files
- After that, the file Furniture.hu-HU.json will contain all the English and Hungarian names. It can be opened in any text editor. For me, I put them in a spreadsheet (like Microsoft Excel) and tweak them there, then copy/paste the final version into templates like Sablon:Name and Sablon:Description. Doing all that is on my "to do" list, but there's been so little activity on the Hungarian wiki, it got moved down the list, and I haven't done it yet.
- I can do it if it sounds like too much to you! Please let me know, so we're not both working on the same thing. Also, let me know if anything I've said is unclear. Thank you! margotbean (vita) 2022. július 8., 14:17 (UTC)
Double item in Furniture Catalogue
I think there is a doubled item in the Furniture Catalogue. The Cloud Decal mentioned twice among the Unavailable Furnitures. The links lead to the same page. I do not know the intention, it seems an error. Mihokjol (vita) 2022. július 10., 12:26 (UTC)
- There are two different cloud decals, and neither is available from the furniture catalogue. I suppose both of them could be listed on one line, but it looks better to have them on two lines (especially on narrow screens like mobile phones). That's the only reason, it's not an error. You can format the Hungarian page differently if you like. :) margotbean (vita) 2022. július 10., 14:44 (UTC)
Question about syntax 03
Both of us edited the hungarian version of Coffe Makera few days ago. Exactly you corrected my edit regarding name in the infobox (from name to eng). My only concern about this is that the description is not shown below the picture. I think I tried everything to make the text show up but no succes. I added the missing description line to the hungarian Sablon:Description page as well. Without succes. Is there a thing I missed here? I faced the same issue editing the Cookout Kit
- Hello Mihokjol!
- There was a typo in Sablon:Description, that's all. I've fixed it, so the description now shows on the Kávéfőző page.
- The rest of the items need to be added to the template; this has been on my "to do" list ever since I updated Sablon:Name, but it's been a busy week! I will try to do this today, since I have the unpacked data files.
- If you are able and have the time, you can add descriptions too! Just make sure they appear before
}}</onlyinclude>. You did well, so don't worry. Thank you! margotbean (vita) 2022. július 16., 15:00 (UTC)
- As I examined your edit I realized that my addition was out of the closing tag of the onlyinclude. Of course I will add descriptions where it is needed. Where to get the translations of the descriptions from? Is it the data file you mentioned? Thanks for the help. Mihokjol (vita) 2022. július 16., 19:46 (UTC)
- Yes, I unpacked the data files by following the instructions at https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Editing_XNB_files#Unpack_game_files
- It may seem like a lot, but you really only need to download one program, and run it. Then find the unpacked folder. All the data files can be opened in a text editor. :) margotbean (vita) 2022. július 17., 14:05 (UTC)
Hungarian front page
Hello! The text "Sziget irodá" on the hungarian wiki page beyond the valley is incorrect. In hungarian, this phrase is not meaningful because it is only a part of a inflected form of a word. The Hungarian word "irodája" in the translation means "the office of someone", for example: "this is my boss's office, mine is the next one". Therefore, the correct form should be 'Sziget iroda'. Kroszki (vita) 2023. május 13., 16:11 (UTC)
- Hello Kroszki! Thank you for the translation! I've fixed the main page, and all links to the page in other languages. Cheers!! margotbean (vita) 2023. május 14., 01:02 (UTC)
Fruit tree saplings
Hello Margotbean, Actually I am translating the tree related wiki pages. Every fruit tree grows from a sapling, all of them are translated to hungarian well, but the Mango Sapling. All the trasnlations are made up of the name of the tree followed by the word sapling. E.g.: Apple sapling = Almafa csemete. For Mango Sapling it is just Mangó csemete. If we want to be consistent, the appropriate translation would be "Mangófa csemete". Thank you if you think this over. M. Mihokjol (talk) 16:42, 26 June 2023
- Hello Mihokjol! Unfortunately the wiki has to follow the game, so the inconsistency has to be fixed in the game first. This problem also affects Banana Tree, so I think different translators were used for v1.5 than for other versions of the game, and they didn't check the other tree sapling names before doing their work. 🤨
- There is a dedicated thread on the official forums for reporting bad translations. Please go to https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/dedicated-typo-and-translation-error-thread.3314/ and make a bug report, so maybe it will be fixed in v1.6. margotbean (vita) 2023. június 27., 18:25 (UTC)
- Hello Margotbean, Thanks for your answer. One year ago I posted there about the 'Vörös tábla' issue, we dicussed previously. But there is still no answer. I think I will not post another issue for nothing. So the inconsisteny will remain with us. ;)
- Hello Margotbean,
- My next question is probably somehow related with this thread, so that is why I continue here.
- I translated all of the wikipages of the fruit trees and all of the saplings. But the infoboxes for the fruit trees show the sapling name without the hungarian word fa which results in wrong linking. Except the ones mentioned above (Mango and Banana). An example: the infobox for the Sárgabarackfa should contain the link for the Sárgabarackfa csemete (the page exists) but it shows the link for a non-existing page of "Sárgabarack csemete". Can I edit those linkings between the tree and the sapling somewhere?
- Ah yes, this is an easy fix. Open Sablon:Name in edit mode, then Ctrl+F to search for "cherry sapling" (without quotes). Change the translation between the brackets. Repeat for all 6 saplings that have bad translations. It may take a few minutes for the pages to update, but they will update automatically. (Hit Ctrl+F5 to refresh the fruit tree pages if they don't update within 5 minutes.)
- Let me know if you have any issues with it! margotbean (vita) 2023. július 2., 22:19 (UTC)
- Hello, It worked without any issues, thanks.
Non translated clothing
Hello Margotbean, If I found a non translated clothing name in the ClothingInformation.hu-HU.json file, do I need to report it in the official forum? This is all about: "1297": "Island Bikini/Island Bikini/A Fern Islands classic./299/-1/50/255 195 0/true/Shirt/Sleeveless", Thx for the answer! Mihokjol (vita) 2023. július 16., 15:41 (UTC)
- Hello Mihokjol! Please start signing your posts with 4 tildes (~~~~) so I know who's asking the question!
- If you take a look at the forums, they have changed. They added separate threads for each language, so translators have an easier time finding and fixing problems.
- If you go to https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/hungarian-typo-display-text-errors.20926/ you can see that it's already been reported.
- Have a great morning/day/evening!! margotbean (vita) 2023. július 16., 13:48 (UTC)
Large Goat Milk
I would like to translate the Large Goat Milk, but the hungarian page says that you made modifications on that Nagy kecsketej. I can create the page as far as I can see, but am I allowed to do so?
Thx for your reply
Mihokjol (vita) 2023. július 30., 15:26 (UTC)
- Yes, yes, please feel free to create the page. The page I deleted was a redirect from lower-case "Nagy kecsketej" to upper-case "Nagy Kecsketej", because the "K" was capitalized in the data files. The oddity was corrected in the data files, so the redirect was no longer necessary. Thus, the page was no longer necessary, and I deleted it.
- Now is a good time to create and translate the page. :) Thank you so much for your hard work on the wiki!! margotbean (vita) 2023. július 30., 18:19 (UTC)
Actually I am translating the wikipage about the pigs. On the English page in the references section, there is link to the english language Talk page talk page. In the hungarian version I could not find such a page. I think it is because the talk itself was in English. So if I want to leave as it is, the original link will not work.
So how should I handle this? Is there a way to link English pages to the Hungarian wikipage?
Mihokjol (vita) 2023. július 31., 20:39 (UTC)
- Hello Mihokjol! Yes, there is an easy way to link to pages in other languages.
[[:en:Talk:Pigs#Truffles Per Day]]
- If you want it to look fancy, you can add
[[:en:Talk:Pigs#Truffles Per Day|link text here]]. Just make sure to add a colon
:before the "en" at the left!
- --margotbean (vita) 2023. július 31., 22:03 (UTC)
Translation of the Special Orders
Can you help me where can I find the translations of Special Order Quests? This section of the Küldetések page is not translated
Thanks in advance
Mihokjol (vita) 2023. augusztus 12., 16:23 (UTC)